[Gta04-owner] Replicant 2014.08 - Battery Status Indicationds

Paul Kocialkowski contact at paulk.fr
Tue Aug 26 17:17:31 CEST 2014

> I was wondering a bit about accu status indication on the power button
> led. It seems to show green when the charger is plugged in, and off when
> it isn't. But its not completely reliable.
>
> case1: phone in suspend, cable plugged in, led green
> - unplug the cable
> - wait for phone to enter suspend or press power button once
> --> led will stay green even though charger is no longer plugged in
> - resume
> --> led will stay on

That's not normal: if the cable is plugged-in and the phone goes in
suspend, it won't actually suspend but just turn the screen off. In that
scenario, it will be able to detect a cable unplug properly.

Can you try that with the upstream Replicant 4.2 image, perhaps the
Goldelico version is missing the OTG wakelock patch?

However, when the device is in suspend (no cable attached) and a cable
is plugged in, it doesn't wake up the phone as it should. I'll try to
fix that.

> I wanted to write something up about another case, that is, phone in
> suspend, cable unplugged, and then plugging cable in.
> But the phone just went off. I have the feeling there is also something
> really wrong with my accu (android accu page always says stuff like ~2s
> to go without accu aka really low values).

The Battery screen in Settings shows the time spent on battery since the
last charger/USB connection, not the time left on battery. When the
battery level reaches very low values < 5%, Android will turn off the
device automatically.

--
Paul Kocialkowski, Replicant developer

Website:        http://www.replicant.us/