[Gta04-owner] Replicant 2014.08 - Battery Status Indicationds

Lukas Maerdian luk at slyon.de
Tue Aug 26 17:55:33 CEST 2014

Hello,

Am 26.08.2014 um 17:17 schrieb Paul Kocialkowski:
>> I was wondering a bit about accu status indication on the power button
>> led. It seems to show green when the charger is plugged in, and off when
>> it isn't. But its not completely reliable.
>>
>> case1: phone in suspend, cable plugged in, led green
>> - unplug the cable
>> - wait for phone to enter suspend or press power button once
>> --> led will stay green even though charger is no longer plugged in
>> - resume
>> --> led will stay on
>
> That's not normal: if the cable is plugged-in and the phone goes in
> suspend, it won't actually suspend but just turn the screen off. In that
> scenario, it will be able to detect a cable unplug properly.
>
> Can you try that with the upstream Replicant 4.2 image, perhaps the
> Goldelico version is missing the OTG wakelock patch?

The Goldelico image has the OTG wakelock patch included, but the lights
HAL is a little different, as it includes support for the other Letux
devices.

> However, when the device is in suspend (no cable attached) and a cable
> is plugged in, it doesn't wake up the phone as it should. I'll try to
> fix that.
>
>> I wanted to write something up about another case, that is, phone in
>> suspend, cable unplugged, and then plugging cable in.
>> But the phone just went off. I have the feeling there is also something
>> really wrong with my accu (android accu page always says stuff like ~2s
>> to go without accu aka really low values).

If you can reliably reproduce this problem (phone turning off), if you
plugin the cable during suspend, please open an issue here and assign it
to me (slyon):
http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-replicant/issues/

> The Battery screen in Settings shows the time spent on battery since the
> last charger/USB connection, not the time left on battery. When the
> battery level reaches very low values < 5%, Android will turn off the
> device automatically.

BR,
  Lukas