[Gta04-owner] AS3935 in GTA04?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Apr 14 08:11:44 CEST 2014

Hi,

cool chip!

Am 14.04.2014 um 07:29 schrieb Andreas Kemnade:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 14 Apr 2014 00:28:55 +0200
> Christoph Mair <christoph.mair at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Andreas,
>>
>> I've seen this chip before, but I did not play with it yet. I'm not
>> sure if the receiving antenna can somehow nicely be included within
>> the GTA04, so this use-case may be limited. But I could immagine that
>> It might work as a bike accessory. ;-)
>>
> Yes, even the breakout board should easily fit into my case at my bike.
> I have ordered that.

Nice!

> If I manage to integrate it into the gta04 I will send some photos.
> Is it possible to let the gta04 wake up from suspsend when the sensor
> gives an interrupt if it is integrated into the gta04 case?

Yes, if you can connect the interrupt to the KEYIRQ input.

One other thing to consider: it looks as if you need a 1.8V to 3.3V
I2C level shifter (TXB0201) and another one for the interrupt (unless
it is an open drain output).

On the GTA04A5 board it will be much easier - since there is a FFC
connector for an (optional) external keyboard.

But we still need many more users interested in the GTA04A5 to start
production and every 4 weeks we get another end of life notice. So
it looks as if we won't be able to wait much longer for a decision.