[Gta04-owner] AS3935 in GTA04?

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Mon Apr 14 22:20:04 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Mon, 2014-04-14 at 08:11 +0200, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> > If I manage to integrate it into the gta04 I will send some photos.
> > Is it possible to let the gta04 wake up from suspsend when the sensor
> > gives an interrupt if it is integrated into the gta04 case?
>
> Yes, if you can connect the interrupt to the KEYIRQ input.
>
> One other thing to consider: it looks as if you need a 1.8V to 3.3V
> I2C level shifter (TXB0201) and another one for the interrupt (unless
> it is an open drain output).

Hmm, IMHO I could connect that chip to a 2.5V power source (vaux1?),
check whether it does not pull up the the I2C lines itself (which would
violate i2c), and then it should work without level shifter. The irq is
active high, maybe I can just add a voltage divider.
Google does not know about that level shifter. It the part numbe really
correct.

Considering the space: I have 27mm x 9mm (next to the battery).
in that area. The antenna coil in the breakout board is 11.7x3.5mm
It could work.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade