[Gta04-owner] Goldelico Replicant 4.2 Update (suspend + accel)

Paul Kocialkowski contact at paulk.fr
Sat Apr 5 19:18:05 CEST 2014

> Since our last release of Replicant 4.2 for the GTA04 in March, which
> brought basic WiFi support
> (http://lists.goldelico.com/pipermail/gta04-owner/2014-March/005455.html),
> we've been busy working to further improve this free Android
> distribution to run on our OpenPhoenux devices. The biggest milestone of
> todays testing-release are basic suspend handling and universal storage
> support.

Thank you so much for your work and congratulations!
That suspend issue was quite bothersome, it's great that you fixed it.

I'll slowly start integrating my work on Replicant for GTA04 in the
Replicant repos (either today or next week). My state is not currently
as good as yours, though there are a few additional features:
* Reworked installation script to handle "bacon" zip
* Recovery support, triggered when pressing AUX during boot
* Installation from recovery possible, backup/restore and all the jazz
* Proper sdcard emulation (for multiple users, not sure that's used)

As I told before, it uses multiple partitions on the sdcard and its own
boot.scr with a bootscreen.

A big part of the work is left to be done on the kernel. Here are the
things I have noticed to not work properly (or unchecked):
* framebuffer is flushed which prevents the bootloader logo from staying
on screen until android starts
* battery doesn't work at all, while it does on gta02
* adb driver is crashing during shutdown
* rtc alarm doesn't wake up the phone (try to set an alarm in android
and suspend)
* SELinux is not enabled, it'll probably work once the options are
enabled
* Headset detection probably doesn't follow the Android way of doing
things
* rndis seems broken
* USB vbus doesn't provide enough for usb storage while I recall having
it working on other kernels: perhaps we can increase the amperage limit

I saw that you started working on sensors, which is nice. I'll probably
try to get GPS working next.

--
Paul Kocialkowski, Replicant developer

Website:        http://www.replicant.us/