[Gta04-owner] Goldelico Replicant 4.2 Update (suspend + accel)

Lukas Maerdian luk at slyon.de
Fri Apr 4 19:00:34 CEST 2014

Hi all!

Since our last release of Replicant 4.2 for the GTA04 in March, which
brought basic WiFi support
(http://lists.goldelico.com/pipermail/gta04-owner/2014-March/005455.html),
we've been busy working to further improve this free Android
distribution to run on our OpenPhoenux devices. The biggest milestone of
todays testing-release are basic suspend handling and universal storage
support.

Here comes the full changelog:

* Suspend/Resume handling: Fix a race condition, which prevented resume
  most of the time.
  --> Suspending while on WiFi is still broken, so make sure to disable
      WiFi before suspend.

* Storage: The current partition is now used as "internal storage",
  Apps can be installed, media can be downloaded
  --> WARNING: Do not "Erase SD card" via Settings->Storage, this will
      format your whole uSD, destroying the installed OSes.

* Battery handling: Correct detection even with old U-Boot, improved
  poll interval and battery status on Power-LED

* Buttons: no infinite click when headset is inserted and AUX button
  can be used to go backwards in UI

* Sensors: basic support for acceleration sensor (other sensors might
  crash if used)
  --> Good test cases are the "Free Fall" game and "Sensor Readout" app,
      as found in F-Droid.

* UI speed improvements: by disabling some animations

* Cleanup under the hood: Reverting kernel patches, which are no longer
  needed.

Source code and build instructions can be found here:
http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/3.12-replicant4
http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-replicant-device.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/replicant-4.2
http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-replicant/page/Replicant-4/

The latest single partition image for easy installation/extraction can
be downloaded here:
http://download.goldelico.com/gta04/replicant/4.2/20140404-WiFi+Accel-4.2/

As always, contributions – be it in code, bug reports/analyses or
testing – are very welcome! Also I'd like to mention that my (part time)
work on this project is kindly funded by Goldelico and we'd highly
appreciate monetary donations for continued efforts:
http://shop.goldelico.com/wiki.php?page=GTA04%3ADonation

Best regards,
  Lukas 'slyon' Maerdian

PS: And we can run Angry Birds!