[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v57 - Charging

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Sep 23 08:57:22 CEST 2013

On Saturday, September 21, 2013 12:37:30 PM Sven wrote:

> Why not increase the informative value of the power LED regarding this
> problem? Currently it shines dark red while powered USB cable is
> connected. Better would be to let the GTA04 showing the presence of
> external power letting it shine constantly bright yellow, and as long as
> the external power will be used for charging battery, power LED could
> blink bright yellow.

Hi,
yes, this could work. Using leds should be quite easy. I'd prefer to match
some existing phone e.g. N900 - IIRC it blinks orange red while battery is
charging, green when battery is full. If you remove USB the led goes off.

> I think, the battery icon doesn't need to show if there's external power
> present, but only what the phone will do with the battery.

Yup, but as i said - currently it messes up with power management so i have to
dig a bit more into the QtMoko power management code.

BR

Radek