[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v57 - Charging

Sven openmoko at maricon.de
Sun Sep 22 13:49:14 CEST 2013

Hello Nikolaus,

 > red = discharging, but device is on
 > black = device is off (we don't even need software for this :)

I don't see a reason why using power LED to indicate if phone is on. If
phone is on you see it because the display is on. ;-))
And if phone is in suspend, we want to reduce power usage as much as
possible. So please leave the LED off in these cases.

 > Replicant 2.3 just turns the LED to green as soon as you plug in the
charger.
 > So you have immediate feedback. I did find this immediately intuitive.

+1

 > yellow = problem with charger (e.g. conflicting reports: battery says
discharging,
 > charger says charging; or VBUS in a bad voltage range: 1.0 V - 4.4V)
 > green = charging and everything ok

I would prefer constantly red for problems with charger due to bad
voltage and blinking red for good voltage but other errournous
conflicts. This should also be immediately intuitive.

And then constantly yellow for good voltage but not charging due to
battery full and yellow blinking for regular charging. OK, green would
also be allright and intuitive, but yellow is more bright (in fact two
LEDs are on instead of only one), indicating that there's really strong
power available for the phone... ;-))

Best regards
    Sven