[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v57 - Charging

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Sep 21 12:44:34 CEST 2013

Am 21.09.2013 um 12:37 schrieb Sven:

> Hello Radek,
>
> > It now always looks as if it's charging when the phone is on USB.
>
> This ugly behaviour gave me another idea:
> Why not increase the informative value of the power LED regarding this problem? Currently it shines dark red while powered USB cable is connected. Better would be to let the GTA04 showing the presence of external power letting it shine constantly bright yellow, and as long as the external power will be used for charging battery, power LED could blink bright yellow.
>
> I think, the battery icon doesn't need to show if there's external power present, but only what the phone will do with the battery.

Yes, the really obvoius is sometimes so far away!

Replicant 2.3 just turns the LED to green as soon as you plug in the charger. So you have immediate feedback. I did find this immediately intuitive.

Other colors could be used for different states, e.g.
black = device is off (we don't even need software for this :)
red = discharging, but device is on
yellow = problem with charger (e.g. conflicting reports: battery says discharging, charger says charging; or VBUS in a bad voltage range: 1.0 V - 4.4V)
green = charging and everything ok

BR,
NIkolaus