[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v57

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Sep 20 07:49:24 CEST 2013

On Thursday, September 19, 2013 04:03:23 PM Sven Dyroff wrote:

> Hello Radek,
>
> it seems that there're still some bugs within NeoControl of v57 that need
> to be fixed. I created a new SD card with Nikolaus's production bootloader
> 20130612 in FAT partition and QtMoko v56 in ext4, then did "apt-get
> update" and "apt-get upgrade" as recommended. I got the following:
>
> - When starting Neocontrol, I now get the page where I can modify the
> logging interval. When I click "Next", nothing happens.

You have to press "Save" after modifying the interval. But most important is
the check box on the bottom "Log charging" - make sure that it's checked. Btw
you can even start logging from console with:

	touch /var/log/charging

> - When I click "Back", I get all the other pages of Neocontrol, but I
> never get a page that shows logging diagrams.
>
> - The page with the battery data is being shown with a font size that
> requires a microscope.

Hmm maybe it could be a bit larger, but not much, otherwise we would need
scrolling...

> Because the battery was quite empty, I could also try to recharge it.
> After several hours, the icon in the heading panel still claimed that the
> battery is about being charged. But Neocontrol showed that it's already
> being discharged again. Using a magnifying glass I could read in
> Neocontrol that status was "discharging", current was not negative anymore
> and charge was decreasing.

I had to change a but how it behaves now. It now always looks as if it's
charging when the phone is on USB. If i used the battery status then QtMoko
started using power management settings from battery profile and this wasnt
working with the new charging system (e.g. the phone screen was dimming and
undimming in short intervals). I can have a look at this maybe later..

BR

Radek