[Gta04-owner] charging log

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Sep 13 17:10:25 CEST 2013

Am 13.09.2013 um 16:53 schrieb Sven Dyroff:

> Hello Nikolaus,
>
> > So I wonder if that is really a widespread issue (there haven't been many reports)
> > or just some small thing that is nice to have.
>
> perhaps it's an issue that many people are not aware that they have it.

Well, that is a general problem with such problems (i.e. a super-problem :), that we do not have enough users and reports to get valid statistics.

That being said, there is no known bug in the hardware I am aware of. This is why I wonder about such problems that I have not seen in approx. 3 years using several GTA04 devices.

> For example, from time to time I also had the effect that I wanted to charge GTA04, but it didn't react on plugging in the cable. Luckily in any case removing the cable and replugging it again for several times did help in the end.

This is a different situation. We should not mix them up!

The issue addressed by Radek is a very specific one:

	the cable is plugged in (and neither removed nor replugged), but charging stops suddenly after it did run well
	(because VBUS drops for a short moment below 4.4V and triggers the hardware charging stop-mechanism).

Removing and replugging the cable triggers the charger (through detecting an USB transistion). If not, it is some kernel bug (e.g. cable insertion not detected).