[Gta04-owner] Can't boot QtMoko or SHR with current makesd script

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Sat Feb 16 20:47:37 CET 2013

Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net> writes:

> I wonder if my NAND is working.  I'll try copying those boot files from
> my makesd card to my QtMoko/SHR card.

Here's something else that might give you (or someone else) a clue about
what is wrong.

On my _old_ QtMoko SD card, partition 1 has these files:

bootargs.scr  boot.scr	gta04-init  menu.rgb16z  MLO  splash.rgb16z  u-boot.bin  uImage  user.scr  x-load.flash

In other words, it appears to have a complete boot system on the SD
card.

When I install this card, hold down AUX and then insert the battery, I
see:

- white screen
- screen briefly turns off and then on again
- white screen
- yellow screen
- big Tux
- 3x3 menu grid (SD:1, SD:2, SD:3, SD:4, NAND, OFF, Button LED, Blink,
  Touch)

Now if I press SD:1, I see:

- green screen, for about 7 seconds
- 3x3 menu grid again