[Gta04-owner] bq27000-battery: battery is not calibrated! ignoring capacity values

Bob Ham rah at settrans.net
Sun Feb 3 18:39:26 CET 2013

On Sun, 2013-02-03 at 17:57 +0100, Radek Polak wrote:
> On Sunday, February 03, 2013 05:18:37 PM Bob Ham wrote:
>
> > At present, all that's been written about the problem seems to be
> > educated guesses.  I'm wondering if anybody here can provide some
> > authoritative information on what exactly is causing these messages and,
> > hopefully, how it can be fixed?
>
> Hi,
> i dont know how it can be fixed, but it can probably be workarounded. I when i
> had this problem i have noticed that some battery values were reported ok.

Which values?  Unfortunately I haven't noted any useful data from
the /sys files.

Really though, the actual problem is the lack of understanding.  It
would be much better if the issue was understood and explained.  I would
hope someone here must have some clue as to how the kernel or hardware
interacts with the battery?

At the end of the day, the battery interface isn't working properly in
some undefined states.  Irrespective of any UI problems or kernel
errors, in these states there is no information about how much charge
the battery contains.  That makes using the phone impractical; without
such information one has to judge whether the phone should be put on
charge based on guesswork, or just have it on charge all the time.  Both
of these modes of operation are problematic.

> do:
>
> 	cd /sys/class/power_supply/bq27000-battery
> 	for f in *; do echo "$f"; cat "$f"; echo ""; done
>
> and send me output

Attached.

--
Bob Ham <rah at settrans.net>