[Gta04-owner] Modem reenummerating (was: Re: Crowdfunding an Ubuntu smartphone)

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Aug 30 13:08:40 CEST 2013

On Friday, August 30, 2013 12:38:40 PM Sven Dyroff wrot
e:
> >> So here I have a perhaps Salomonic proposal for you:
> >> Let QtMoko v56 present a dialog to the user, that only offers threee
> >> choices for modem setting...
> >>
> >> - 2G (stable)
> >> - 3G (unstable)
> >> - keep current setting untouched
> >>
> >> Is this acceptable by you?
> >
> > Yes, if you send me working patch.
>
> Please don't try to tell me how I should use my time.

_You_ are trying are telling me that i _should_ implement message boxes in
modem driver.

Not only that this is ugly hack - which is quite ok with me (try to ask e.g.
SHR or replicant developers if they can implement your idea). But it's a lot
of time and testing for me. At the end if we find solution i'll have to revert
the whole work, test the reverting and have spoiled git history.

If you want to help, focus on fixing of the real problem. If you dont want to
help, do nothing.

Radek