[Gta04-owner] Modem reenummerating (was: Re: Crowdfunding an Ubuntu smartphone)

Sven Dyroff S.Dyroff at phytec.de
Fri Aug 30 13:19:22 CEST 2013

> _You_ are trying are telling me that i _should_ implement message boxes
in modem driver.

a) Please calm down. Shouting is of no use for anyone withing this list.

b) I never said anything where to put the dialog box to. Especially I
never would suggest to put user dialog boxes into drivers. According to
your own explanations, I would suggest to call the dialog box from within
/etc/rc.local.

> At the end if we find solution i'll have to revert the whole work, ...

Having the possibility to change modem setting between 2G / 3G / unchanged
by user dialog is useful even when reenumeration bug has been fixed. So no
need to revert it anymore.

> If you want to help, focus on fixing of the real problem. If you dont
want to help, do nothing.

Once again you try to tell others what they should do. Please cancel this
destructive list spamming task.

Best regards
   Sven