[Gta04-owner] Modem reenummerating (was: Re: Crowdfunding an Ubuntu smartphone)

Sven Dyroff S.Dyroff at phytec.de
Fri Aug 30 11:37:18 CEST 2013

> Well QtMoko is already spoiled with ugly code at inapropriate levels
that
> tries to solve this problem by restarting QtMoko, writing reenumerate
logs etc...

Ugly problems for which no real solutions exist require ugly workarounds.
That's real life.

> You have so many options how to easily solve your problem (writing
script as suggested, or even
> you can edit the neovendor.so library and manually replace AT_OPSYS=0,2
with AT_OPSYS=3,2

Yes, indeed you're able to spare this ugly workaround by passing it over
to us users.

But if you read my suggestion well, then you'll find my second offer of
how to deal this situation: Let the AT_OPSYS-line simply been commented
out as is. Then noone of us has additional work, because modem will
continue to keep the current settings.

> That you use the phone just as 3G connectivity device does imply that
others dont use it as a phone.

In order to be precise: They *try* to use it as a daily phone. The degree
of their succees with these trials have already been described by them at
length within this list.

> Please dont tell us how we should use our devices.

I never wanted to tell others how to use the devices and I never did it.
Please don't misinterpret my words.

Best regards
   Sven