[Gta04-owner] Modem reenummerating (was: Re: Crowdfunding an Ubuntu smartphone)

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Aug 30 11:16:32 CEST 2013

On Friday, August 30, 2013 09:49:09 AM Sven Dyroff wrote:

> because it should at least tend be user friendly. There're already enough
> other reasons why it's still a geek phone, what again results in low
> preorder quantities for Nikolaus.

Well QtMoko is already spoiled with ugly code at inapropriate levels that
tries to solve this problem by restarting QtMoko, writing reenumerate logs
etc... I am really not going to add some message boxes to the modem driver.

If you want to, go ahead and send me patch, i'll include it. Or better
participate in solving the problem where it should be solved (kernel, HW or
userspace).

> > I think working telephony has much higher priority (at least for those
>
> who try to use
>
> > GTA04 as a phone) then fast internet connection.
>
> Why should anyone use GTA04 as a 2G phone? There're enough GTA02s in the
> world which already do this. I need GTA04 as a 3G phone or I don't need it
> at all. Voice calls and SMS can be made by a second phone for 19 EUR.
> Because the GTA04 is clumsy, this little additional mass doesn't matter
> any more.

That you use the phone just as 3G connectivity device does imply that others
dont use it as a phone.

Please dont tell us how we should use our devices. You have so many options
how to easily solve your problem (writing script as suggested, or even you can
edit the neovendor.so library and manually replace AT_OPSYS=0,2 with
AT_OPSYS=3,2

Regards

Radek