[Gta04-owner] Modem reenummerating (was: Re: Crowdfunding an Ubuntu smartphone)

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Aug 28 16:24:19 CEST 2013

On Wednesday, August 28, 2013 02:54:31 PM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> Hi Radek,
>
> Am 28.08.2013 um 12:07 schrieb Radek Polak:
> > On Tuesday, August 27, 2013 03:06:44 PM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> > > What makes me worried most is not the problem, but that there is no
> > > Issue
> > >
> > > report here:
> > > 	http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/issues/
> > >
> > > For further analysis of this issue we need:
> > >
> > > 1. collected reports from as many users how they see and experience the
> > > bug 2. a reference setup how to enforce the bug
> > > 3. always describe which kernel version is used (it may depend on
> > > that!)
> >
> > http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/issues/478/
>
> Thanks for posting the precise information to a location where we can find
> it!
>
> I have now done a simple setup myself:
>
> 4. AT_OPSYS=2,3

Hmm in my test i havent told modem explicitely AT_OPSYS I just left it in
state at which it is after inserting battery.

> 5. call the device's phone number & hangup after two or 3 ring tones
> (because the mailbox jumps in after 4 or 5)
>
> I have tried 12 times with these results:
>
> * always did get 2 or 3 "RING" messages
> * some _OSIGQ: 6,0 or _OSIGQ: 2,0 (which is quite weak signal)
> * no reenumeration within 12 tries
>
> Did I not try long or often enough (since it is more sporadic) or is
> something fundamentally missing in my scenario (e.g. kernel going to
> suspend when incoming call does a wakeup)?

I'd recommend dialing GTA04 from second phone using scripts, so that it's less
work. The reenumeration also seems to be dependent on signal or maybe 3g
coverage, i get it very often at work but only very rarely at home. I remember
hitting the reenumeration every 4th call at work. I just tried AT_OPSYS=0,2
and it took ~100 dials to reproduce the reenumeration.

Regards

Radek