[Gta04-owner] Modem reenummerating (was: Re: Crowdfunding an Ubuntu smartphone)

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Aug 28 16:31:42 CEST 2013

Am 28.08.2013 um 16:24 schrieb Radek Polak:

> On Wednesday, August 28, 2013 02:54:31 PM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>
> > Hi Radek,

> > > http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/issues/478/
> >
> > Thanks for posting the precise information to a location where we can find
> > it!
> >
> > I have now done a simple setup myself:
> >
> > 4. AT_OPSYS=2,3
>
> Hmm in my test i havent told modem explicitely AT_OPSYS I just left it in state at which it is after inserting battery.

Ok. I don't know if this is one of the parameters that are stored in NVRAM in the module.
Anyways I just did it to make sure that I am NOT switched to GSM only...

> > 5. call the device's phone number & hangup after two or 3 ring tones
> > (because the mailbox jumps in after 4 or 5)
> >
> > I have tried 12 times with these results:
> >
> > * always did get 2 or 3 "RING" messages
> > * some _OSIGQ: 6,0 or _OSIGQ: 2,0 (which is quite weak signal)
> > * no reenumeration within 12 tries
> >
> > Did I not try long or often enough (since it is more sporadic) or is
> > something fundamentally missing in my scenario (e.g. kernel going to
> > suspend when incoming call does a wakeup)?
>
> I'd recommend dialing GTA04 from second phone using scripts, so that it's less work.

E.g. a second GTA04...

> The reenumeration also seems to be dependent on signal or maybe 3g coverage, i get it very often at work but only very rarely at home. I remember hitting the reenumeration every 4th call at work. I just tried AT_OPSYS=0,2 and it took ~100 dials to reproduce the reenumeration.

Ok. That is an interesting factor. I will do some more tests with the device in weaker and stronger locations.

One more question: does it happen only when an incoming call starts (RING) or SMS is received. Or does it happen during a call? Or does it depend on a call being answered (ATA)?