[Gta04-owner] 3G internet connection

Hermann Schwärzler hermann.schwaerzler at chello.at
Mon Apr 29 09:28:07 CEST 2013

Hello Sven
Hello Radek

On 04/29/2013 06:45 AM, Radek Polak wrote:
> On Saturday, April 27, 2013 09:44:34 PM Sven wrote:
>> But the nagging questions remain: Why? Is it really necessary for me
>> that after each poweron I need to switch from 2G to 3G manually? Why,
>> although using v55?

@Sven: Do you really have to do this after each power-on?
I do not have to do this and I recall others saying the modem
"remembers" this setting across power-cycles?

> With 3G your modem will hit the reenumerate bug (modem disappears and
> appears) more often. It's just one line in source code that enables 3G,
> but at the time when i was writing the code i prefered more stable
> telephony to fast internet connection. If people prefer it the other way
> it's no problem for me to change it (or you can send patch).

How about making it configurable?
E.g. if you touch the 3 or G in the header-bar a dialog appears where
you can switch directly to/from UMTS to/from GSM and can set a
preference (and - unrelated - can initiate a data-connection)?

Greetings
Hermann