[Gta04-owner] Make bootsplash survive after kernel load

Christoph Mair christoph.mair at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 22:44:53 CEST 2013

Hi Paul!

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 9:54 PM, Paul Kocialkowski <paulk at paulk.fr> wrote:
> The problem seems that as soon as the kernel is loading, the screen
> fills up with random pixels while I would really like to see the boot
> splash survive up to the UI start (just like it is done on other phones
> that I know).
>
> Any hind or lead that could help me achieve that?

I'm just guessing what needs to be done:
When the kernel initializes the display controller it sets the
framebuffer base address to something which appears to differ from
thwat u-boot specified before. So you could either find out where the
framebuffer starts and if this location is always the same and fix
u-boot to use this as base address for the framebuffer. Or you could
try to set the new framebuffer content as early as possible during
kernel initialization (as kernel splashscreen).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
  Christoph