[Gta04-owner] Invitation to indicate interest in next batch of GTA04A5 boards

Gerhard Rieger freerunner at dest-unreach.org
Sat Apr 6 21:26:47 CEST 2013

Late here are my 2 cents:

I had used my gta02 mainly for navigation and GPS tracking during
outdoor activities (inconveniences in HW stability (SD card?) and
external power supply as well as SHR problems prevented me from getting
happy though)

gta04 fits much better with its integrated navigation board. AFAIK all
the cheap mainstream mobile phones are not so well equipped with related
HW.

Why not develop a SW that can make the gta04 the killer device for
hiking, skiing, mountain biking etc? Integrate FoxtrotGPS with compass
and barometer, let the camera store photos not only with position but
also with direction information!

Give it a brighter screen (sun on snow...), waterproof, and provide some
external battery (AA?) based power supply!

Regards
Gerhard