[Gta04-owner] Invitation to indicate interest in next batch of GTA04A5 boards
aprekates at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 19:38:16 CEST 2013
In greece although i made some efforts like http://librephone.gr and blogged
in librebytes.gr i think the biggest obstacle is that the libre/open source
community who wants and can afford a smarthphone here is ''satisfied'' with
android as a libre open source alternative.
Also generally there is no developed sensibility for the open/libre hardware.
And even if there were some people who are sceptical about android's and
google libre/open source commitment the ubuntu phone "promise" surely poped up
as their next alternative.
Anyway as a GTA02 user and a person who's aspired by the idea of a libre/open
phone/tablet i find very interesting and promising the following ideas i've
read in the thread from various people :-) :
1) Think about a simpler idea that could be sold alone and let GTA04 be the
zenith / cornerstone of the community. (*1)
1b) Make the phone/tablet as modular as it can be (lego like).
2) Discuss possible synergies with communities like DIY cell phones,
fairphone, rasprerry and openhardware commynities.
3) Create hardware/software lessons and tutorials that touch lowlevel stuff
and make owner feel more creative and unique. (in that spirit the GTA04 manual
4) Create a homepage (its code will be libre/open so that anyone with webdev
skills can contribute)
5) Using ideas like flattr, freicoin and crowdfunding to let people who like
the project contibute economically. (freicoin is searching for projects to
give frc :-) )
More information about the Gta04-owner