[Gta04-owner] Invitation to indicate interest in next batch of GTA04A5 boards

Sven Dyroff S.Dyroff at phytec.de
Fri Apr 5 12:56:31 CEST 2013

> The project never achieved the blessing of the FSF (i feel this is short
sighed of them), and
> in some peoples eyes the GTA04 is not truly open. Its a shame that being
the openest, and
> striving to be opener does not count to these folk.

No, it's not a shame for these folk. It's a long-term-challenge for the
GTA0x series! If GTA0x will compete against the upcoming Ubuntu-phone from
Canonical, the long-term-focus for us must be to create our own free and
open LTE-modem.

Imagine GD would create a tablet that simply consists out of the raspberry
pi, the Arduino GSM Shield, display, battery and case. Why should anyone
write software for this item when at the same time the Ubuntu-phone is
available? There's absolutely no reason, except it would turn out that
just having the best and mostly well documentated interfaces already would
really be enough.

Best regards
   Sven