[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v48 - Sound

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sat Sep 15 22:14:15 CEST 2012

On Saturday, September 15, 2012 09:07:11 PM Gilles Filippini wrote:

> I've just set up yet another card (32 GB) with fresh qtmoko v48 install,
> and it worked correctly just for the first call to voice mail. Then I
> did suspend, and the Headphones default happened again.
>
> Now whatever I do (including reboot with battery removing), Headphones
> stays the default context. o_O

You can try this:

	cat /proc/bus/input/devices

and search for "gta04 Headset Jack". The string should be in "event4" device.
Now do:

	rm /dev/input/event4

and restart QtMoko. QtMoko will fail to open the jack detection input device.
There will be "Cannot open input device for Headset Jack" error message in
log.

You can also add:

	rm /dev/input/event4

to /opt/qtmoko/qpe.sh to make this permanent. Now QtMoko will not detect
headset jack. It will be interesting to see if the problem goes away after
this.

Regards

Radek