[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v48 - Sound

Gilles Filippini gilles.filippini at free.fr
Sun Sep 16 14:34:23 CEST 2012

Radek Polak a écrit , Le 15/09/2012 22:14:
> On Saturday, September 15, 2012 09:07:11 PM Gilles Filippini wrote:
>
>> I've just set up yet another card (32 GB) with fresh qtmoko v48 install,
>> and it worked correctly just for the first call to voice mail. Then I
>> did suspend, and the Headphones default happened again.
>>
>> Now whatever I do (including reboot with battery removing), Headphones
>> stays the default context. o_O
>
> You can try this:
>
> 	cat /proc/bus/input/devices
>
> and search for "gta04 Headset Jack". The string should be in "event4" device.
> Now do:
>
> 	rm /dev/input/event4
>
> and restart QtMoko. QtMoko will fail to open the jack detection input device.
> There will be "Cannot open input device for Headset Jack" error message in
> log.
>
> You can also add:
>
> 	rm /dev/input/event4
>
> to /opt/qtmoko/qpe.sh to make this permanent. Now QtMoko will not detect
> headset jack. It will be interesting to see if the problem goes away after
> this.

This workaround is working \o/

But there's another sound routing weirdness: with the profile "General"
activated on incoming call:
* the phone vibrates only once
* there is no ring tone a profile at all
* once I accept the call, there is no sound on either side.

It does work reliably only with Headset jack disabled and the profile
"Silence" activated, except the phone doesn't vibrate at all.

Regarding Headset jack detection, is there any threshold I could play with?

Thanks,

_g.