[Gta04-owner] Replicant images on GTA04 release

Paul Kocialkowski paulk at paulk.fr
Fri Sep 14 08:45:43 CEST 2012

Le mardi 11 septembre 2012 à 09:22 +0200, Radek Polak a écrit :
> On Monday, September 10, 2012 10:20:29 PM Paul Kocialkowski wrote:
>
> > Finally, the first batch of Replicant images for GTA04 is out!
>
> Congratz.
>
> > Here are some notes:
> > * Sometimes, the modem does USB disconnect and I can't bring it back
> > using the GPIO node
>
> Hmm interesting. For me it disconnects and in second or two it connects back
> (looks like the modem restarts).

Yes, that's what I have most of the time. The issue I'm talking about
only occurred ~2 times.

> > * Replicant runs on uSD only since NAND is apparently unreliable with
> > 3.x kernels
> > * We will switch GTA04 to Android 4.0 in the future if it can be as fast
> >
> > The images can be downloaded from:
> > <http://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/ReplicantImages#Replic
> > ant-23-0004> Just download all the files listed on the GTA04 line.
> >
> > Installation instructions are:
> > <http://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/GTA04Installation>
>
> I quite dont like that the script deletes the whole SD card (or am i wrong?).
> I have 32GB uSD card with 24GB of data on it (mp3, images, videos, maps etc..)

You're absolutely right, the script will erase the SD card. The main
reason for this is that Android needs 3 different partitions to work
(system, data, cache) and I added another one as storage.
Perhaps we could manage to have the 3 Android partitions merged into a
single one, but it wouldn't fit very well with the Android design (for
instance init, that is in initramfs, is designed to mount system, data,
cache partitions, etc). So I'm probably not going to change that, but it
is probably doable, with unclean hacks.