[Gta04-owner] Replicant images on GTA04 release

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Sep 11 09:22:08 CEST 2012

On Monday, September 10, 2012 10:20:29 PM Paul Kocialkowski wrote:

> Finally, the first batch of Replicant images for GTA04 is out!

Congratz.

> Here are some notes:
> * Sometimes, the modem does USB disconnect and I can't bring it back
> using the GPIO node

Hmm interesting. For me it disconnects and in second or two it connects back
(looks like the modem restarts).

> * Replicant runs on uSD only since NAND is apparently unreliable with
> 3.x kernels
> * We will switch GTA04 to Android 4.0 in the future if it can be as fast
>
> The images can be downloaded from:
> <http://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/ReplicantImages#Replic
> ant-23-0004> Just download all the files listed on the GTA04 line.
>
> Installation instructions are:
> <http://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/GTA04Installation>

I quite dont like that the script deletes the whole SD card (or am i wrong?).
I have 32GB uSD card with 24GB of data on it (mp3, images, videos, maps etc..)

It would be more convenient if i could have android in one partition. It would
be also nice if i had possiblilty to reboot between Android/QtMoko/SHR.

Regards

Radek