[Gta04-owner] [QtMoko] no sound during call (GTA04a3, QtMv48)

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Thu Oct 18 11:46:09 CEST 2012

On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:20:20 PM Neil Jerram wrote:

> > How about this idea:
> >
> > Let's split the state files into 2 sets - for A3 and for A4. Since A3
> > does not need to switch "Codec Operation Mode" at all, we can remove
> > this control from state files.
>
> I'm not sure, because I don't yet know what the A4 solution will look
> like, and that might be relevant to whether it's worth splitting the
> state files.  For example, for A4 it looks like we need to write some
> careful code to _ensure_ that we only change state when no one is
> accessing the sound card (and without just killing, because that breaks
> other things).  Once we have that code, we might as well use it for A3
> too - and then it shouldn't matter that the state files include "Codec
> Operation Mode".

Normally no applications should keep the sound card open. I had to make this
commit for cruxus engine:

https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/commit/00777829674d3332ebbb8677cb80ce5db48dcac9

maybe there is some other place where close on the sound card is not called.
We should reproduce the bug and place some debug prints here:

https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/blob/master/src/libraries/qtopiaaudio/qaudiooutput_alsa.cpp

Especially we should watch snd_pcm_open() and snd_pcm_close().

> By the way, how much work / optimisation has been done on the existing
> state files other than gsmearpiece* ?  I had a quick look at / play with
> gsmheadset.state, and it seems to have some pretty clear errors in it,
> such as not routing to the headset :-).

Not very much gsmheadset.state is the one i havent tested at all.

> > Until now i was quite busy with finishing Qt 4.8.3 upgrade, but i would
> > like to take a look at media server - why it gets stuck. Maybe we can
> > also switch from cruxus to gstreamer.
>
> Did you infer 'it gets stuck' from my log?  Or did you already have
> other evidence for that?

After some calls with ringtone from suspend i could see that media server has
the soundcard open:

	lsof /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p

was showing mediaserver.

Btw we have also other options - there is audio plugin for pulseaudio too.

Regards

Radek