[Gta04-owner] [QtMoko] no sound during call (GTA04a3, QtMv48)

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sun Oct 7 13:17:43 CEST 2012

On Sunday, October 07, 2012 12:44:12 AM Boudewijn wrote:

> I'm still trying to get sound one or the other way during a call. Things
> actually degraded over time: at first I only did not have sound from QtMoko
> to the other phone, but by now I can't hear the other side either.
>
> On a side note: the hardware seems fine. Last week I ran the HW-validation
> script in the HW-validation distro, with no alarming irregularities (there
> were one or two not-oks, didn't seem related. No log: I intended to rerun
> the test after setting it up besides QtMoko on the SD card). At least the
> bluetooth UART has been set to 3M. I could record and play back sound.
>
> Booting QtMoko I have no problems while listening to music. Mplayer via SSH
> can play an mp3 for example, and the QtMoko-GUI-players also can.
>
> I have trouble recording any sound. Switching alsa states sometimes
> generates a pulse (you'll probably know what I mean; the sound as a fly
> flying into the window: PTZzzz). (Not sure its related: using voicenotes
> there is nothing at all. Not even silence: starting a record creates a
> file of 44 bytes, and nothing more.)
>
> When a call is started, none of the choices "Earpiece" or "Speaker" is
> selected. If I use alsactl to switch to the earpiece-state, there's an
> error in the log saying that's not possible:
> Oct  6 01:07:13 neo kernel: [ 1157.022979] twl4030-codec twl4030-codec:
> operation mode cannot be changed on-the-fly

I am not sure what this means, but i already saw it too. Maybe wrong alsa
state or that the device is already open by some app.

Can you try e.g. afer reboot manually switch with alsactl between
gsmearpiece.state and speaker.state?

I should have kept my old GTA04A3 - but now it's too late, so cant test it
myself. But IIRC Neil has A3 too he can test too.

Regards

Radek