[Gta04-owner] problem with wifi and usb

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Oct 15 07:55:15 CEST 2012

Hi,

Am 13.10.2012 um 20:44 schrieb Lionel Broche:

> Hi,
>
> I just received my phone a few days ago and started testing it this week end with qtmoko 49. Many things worked out-of-the-box, but I also ran into a couple of problems:
>
> - I am having problems with networking: I cannot connect on wifi  or usb. I have no wlan0, and ssh over usb hangs.

That may be related to the driver on the PC side. And did you try it with the hw-validation system?

> - The battery icon looks always fully discharged, even though I have been charging my phone for more than 5h. Is that normal?

Hm. It may also be the battery or a battery contact problem of the middle contact pin.
Do you use a Freerunner battery or a replacement (e.g. Nokia)? Only the Freerunner
battery has the Coulomb counter and HDQ protocol to read how well it is charged.

> - I tried 'Voice notes' to try the microphone. The application starts correctly and displays the 'record' button, but when I press it nothing happens for 2 seconds and then the sound line shows a large signal that decreases exponentially for about 4-5 seconds. Then nothing. When I stop the record and try to play it again, there is no sound but a small crack of noise and the application crashes if I try to delete the new entry.
>
> I tried a hardware test on the default OS as suggested in another post, but I cannot access the output easily so I will just re-write here the 'nok' lines:
>
> 10 OV9655 nok # camera driver (NOTE: I have no camera)

Well, that proves that the tester is indeed telling the truth :)

> 23 USB-IP nok # IP access through Ethernet over USB

This requires that you have a working IP forwarding to/from the internet.
I.e. it tests if you have an outgoing IP connection.

> 40 W2CBW003-BT-Scan nok # scan for bluetooth base station

Do you have a 'visible' Bluetooth device nearby? If not it just says that it can't find one...