[Gta04-owner] QtMoko -> Shutdown device

Christoph Mair christoph.mair at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 12:28:19 CEST 2012

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 12:00 PM, Christ van Willegen
<cvwillegen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it seems that 'Shutdown device' (in the list that pops up if you press
> the 'power' button for some time), the shutdown device option does not
> fully switch off everything in the GTA04. After pressing the 'Power'
> button again, and booting QtMoko, it tells me that I'm connected to
> the network, so the SIM is still registered... I _do_ have a PIN in my
> SIM.

This means that the modem is not switched off. Do you have a GTA04A3
(where the modem can't be switched off by software) or a A4 model? The
A4 provides a GPIO (can't remember the number) which should cause a
modem shutdown. You could try to switch the modem off manually and
then tell the software to shutdown.

Regards,
  Christoph