[Gta04-owner] QtMoko -> Shutdown device

Christoph Mair christoph.mair at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 12:33:52 CEST 2012

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Christoph Mair
<christoph.mair at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 12:00 PM, Christ van Willegen
> <cvwillegen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> it seems that 'Shutdown device' (in the list that pops up if you press
>> the 'power' button for some time), the shutdown device option does not
>> fully switch off everything in the GTA04. After pressing the 'Power'
>> button again, and booting QtMoko, it tells me that I'm connected to
>> the network, so the SIM is still registered... I _do_ have a PIN in my
>> SIM.
>
> This means that the modem is not switched off. Do you have a GTA04A3
> (where the modem can't be switched off by software) or a A4 model? The
> A4 provides a GPIO (can't remember the number) which should cause a
> modem shutdown. You could try to switch the modem off manually and
> then tell the software to shutdown.

 echo 0 >/sys/devices/virtual/gpio/gpio186/value
 echo 1 >/sys/devices/virtual/gpio/gpio186/value
 sleep 1
 echo 0 >/sys/devices/virtual/gpio/gpio186/value

Should do the trick. You can check with lsusb if the modem has been
switched off.

Regards,
  Christoph