[Gta04-owner] Offering a present for Christmas

Alexander Lehner lehner at edv-buero-lehner.de
Tue Oct 2 13:39:20 CEST 2012

On Tue, 2 Oct 2012, Sven Dyroff wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Christmas is approaching and so I wanna stress the discussion of donations
> once again. Last time I did the result was, that giving donations to
> hardware projects would be better than for software projects, because
> promoting hardware projects results in bringing forward every software
> project, not only one. OK, accepted. So here's my new offer:
>
> One of the biggest disadvantages of the gta04 still is its huge power
> consumption. Most people in this list quarrel with power drainage during
> [...]

I also am willing to donate, even an existing GTA04 for a SW/kernel
developer. As I talked to Nikolaus, there seem to be not enough willing
developers in this area.

Creating the pcb layout and its production (I'm not a hardware designer)
seems to be a very tough process, which has settled down right now a bit.

So if we gather a christmas gift, we'd probably like to discuss for what
purpose it could be most valuable be invested...

+1 from my side in any case.

Alex.