[Gta04-owner] Offering a present for Christmas

Sven Dyroff S.Dyroff at phytec.de
Tue Oct 2 10:31:48 CEST 2012

Hello,

Christmas is approaching and so I wanna stress the discussion of donations
once again. Last time I did the result was, that giving donations to
hardware projects would be better than for software projects, because
promoting hardware projects results in bringing forward every software
project, not only one. OK, accepted. So here's my new offer:

One of the biggest disadvantages of the gta04 still is its huge power
consumption. Most people in this list quarrel with power drainage during
suspend. To be quite clear: For me this is not the case, due to the
reasons that I already described within this list, earlier. I can easily
live with its current power drainage during suspend. But I emphatically
quarrel with power drainage during poweroff! During poweroff the device
should only take some µA for RTC and scanning power button. Everything
above of that is much too much. And it's clear that if someone would be
able to achieve this, it would be a nice side-effect that probably suspend
would then also take less power.

So I come back to the idea I already described here some months ago. Why
not make one special gta04a4, whose plate has absolutely no parts
populated except
- PMIC
- OMAP with POP memory
- RS232 tranceiver
- USB tranceiver
- SD card slot
?

I think for a kernel developer who is hunting araound for mA and µA,
having such a device in addition to the ordinary gta04a4 would make things
much easier.

So I'm willing to pay GD for a making such a special gta04a4, if there's
also at least one kernel developer who offers to spend a seriously amount
of time to do this work. If he succeeds, he may keep this device as
present. Otherwise I'll continue to claim the ownership of it for me, in
order to be able to pass it to the next kernel developer, who wants to
crack the hard nut...

Best regards
   Sven

P.S.: When making this offer, I expect that the costs for it will be max.
400 EUR. @Nikolaus: If this assumption is wrong, please tell me.