[Gta04-owner] Current State?

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Oct 1 19:44:20 CEST 2012

On Monday, October 01, 2012 05:19:45 PM Folken wrote:

> Is the current state of powermanagment usable? E.g. the phone lasts
> at least 16h? I'm talking about standby, no data, just gsm. not to much
> talktime.

Yes, even few hours more.

> Does suspend/resume work reliably?

Yes, 100% reliably for me.

> Does audio work reliably for calls?

Yes, sometimes i noticed problem with ringtone, but using vibrations is 100%
ok. The problem with ringtone can be something in QtMoko, but it's hard to
reproduce, so i havent had yet chance to fix it or make good report.

> Does placing/recieving calls work reliably?

Yes, this works good for me.

> Does sms send/recieve work reliably?

Yes.

> Is bluetooth audio / hid usable and can it be used without draining the
> battery too fast? (optional)

I am regulary using my bluetooth headset for listening audio, but i havent
tried it for calls yet.

> I allready own one paperweight (neo) and would like to avoid financing
> another. :)

For me neo was working very good too.

The benefits of GTA04 are:

- hardware that is not dead
- faster processer and graphics, much better user experience
- very recent kernel that works perfectly
- fast and reliable SD card up to 32GB
- more sensors

The drawbacks:

- suspend on neo was 2x better (~12mA)