[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v49 - Look and feel

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Nov 30 15:41:17 CET 2012

> So we have these rules (to some extent dictated by the limited programmability of u-boot and hardware):
>
> 1. if AUX is pressed -> u-boot.bin from SD
>     if AUX not pressed -> u-boot.flash from NAND
>
> This is done by BootROM & MLO/X-Loader.
>
> 2. Boot.scr comes from SD if available, NAND else.
>
> 3. Boot.scr flashes if the version in NAND is different.
>
> 4. u-boot.bin (on SD) is hard-coded to erase the environment
>     so that it will flash because no version in NAND is known.

This also means that if you have an SD card with *no* boot.scr
on it, you can boot any other u-boot.bin by pressing the AUX button.
And it will not flash.

So if you compile your own u-boot just take the u-boot.bin and
place it on a SD and boot with AUX pressed.

The special flashing code (rule 4) must be enabled explicitly
when compiling.