[Gta04-owner] howto change keyboard layout?

e.waelde ew.ng7125 at nassur.net
Thu Nov 29 11:16:01 CET 2012

Hi,

I would like to have a different keyboard layout,
similar to matchbox-keyboard:
- occupy only 1/3 of the screen (portrait mode)
- always have qwerty layout active
I do type with a stick (pen? pointer? german: Stift)
and not with my fat fingers. For me fingertyping doesn't
work well at all regardless of keyboard size/layout.

So:
1. I grepped /opt/qtmoko for anything "keyb" or "layout"
but did not find anything promising ...

2. I installed qtmoko-keyboard-skin-silver, since from
the snapshot on http://qtmoko.sourceforge.net/apps/
it looks like it could be, what I want. It did install,
but (testing with new sms message) nothing changed.

I'm sure, there is a way to achieve this. Any pointers?
Thanks,
Erich