[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v50

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Nov 29 09:05:30 CET 2012

Am 27.11.2012 um 17:56 schrieb Radek Polak:

> Hi,
> as some of you have discovered, QtMoko v50 is now available for download [1].
> The reason for release is mainly to make it work better with the new uboot,
> but there are also some nice bug fixes:
>
> * updated kernel and gta04-init
> * default media partition is now /dev/mmcblk0p5
> * SMS led blinking now works even in suspend
> * ogg content plugin now works (Neil Jerram)
> * faster videos
> * swapped colors in videos now really fixed
> * debian package improvements (Gilles Filippini)
>
> Please not that the install README is now updated and there are hints what to
> change if you dont want to repartition your SD card.
>
> As for the kernel and booting - kernel command line is now read from
> bootargs.scr file and is no more hardcoded in kernel. This can be useful for
> experimenting.
>
> For QtMoko the boot now looks like this: the kernel and bootargs.scr are on
> first FAT partition. The kernel mounts ext4 partition on p2 and runs init from
> there. So if you boot QtMoko you select SD1 from uboot menu.
>
> It's this way because we want to run QtMoko from ext4 which is faster then
> ext3. But QtMoko can work also on ext3 and then you can select the boot
> partition straight from the bootmenu.
>
> If you create subdirectory gta04-init on the first FAT partition, you will
> have the abilily to reboot to extended partition from QtMoko gui - like it was
> before.
>
> If there are no regression, then we can have some time without releases. I
> plan just some experimental Qt 4.8.3/wheezy/armhf releases until it's stable.
>
> Enjoy
>
> Radek
>

> [1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtmoko/files/GTA04/

I have made a new makesd script [2, 3] that partitions and formats an SD
card with at least 4 GByte.

It creates only 4 partitions and does not use an extended partition since I
am not sure if some older devices (camera?) can handle that if you ever
want to access the media files in a different device.

So the media files are on partition 4. Partition 2 is QtMoko in ext4 and
Partition 3 is empty and unused.

Nikolaus

[2] http://download.goldelico.com/gta04/20121126-GTA04-QtMoko-v50/
[3] http://www.openphoenux.org/swi/showdetail.php?app=20