[Gta04-owner] howto change keyboard layout?

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Thu Nov 29 13:40:36 CET 2012

On Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:16:01 AM e.waelde wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to have a different keyboard layout,
> similar to matchbox-keyboard:
> - occupy only 1/3 of the screen (portrait mode)
> - always have qwerty layout active
> I do type with a stick (pen? pointer? german: Stift)
> and not with my fat fingers. For me fingertyping doesn't
> work well at all regardless of keyboard size/layout.

Hmm currently it's hardcoded so that it stretches fullscreen. I had in plan to
change the size using sliding gesture, but didnt have time yet...

> So:
> 1. I grepped /opt/qtmoko for anything "keyb" or "layout"
> but did not find anything promising ...

Source code, layouts and some docs are here:

https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/tree/master/src/plugins/inputmethods/svgkeyboard

> 2. I installed qtmoko-keyboard-skin-silver, since from
> the snapshot on http://qtmoko.sourceforge.net/apps/
> it looks like it could be, what I want. It did install,
> but (testing with new sms message) nothing changed.

This is skin for the old input methods.

Regards

Radek