[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v49 - Look and feel

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Wed Nov 28 23:38:44 CET 2012

>> for me, pulseaudio was running wild and comsuming a lot of cpu
>
> I've installed three times v50 today and have same behaviour (pulseaudio
> always uses 5-15% of CPU).

5-15% seems rather mild -- i got above 70% and sometimes (iirc) 90%+ ...

> As I've seen your mail, I applied :
>
>> ./opt/qtmoko/qpe.env # <---------- without space between . and /

nope -- you need the space! it's not a script to be executed but settings
to be sourced!
and btw:
./opt/...
would only work, if you're in / ... the ./opt/... means in this context:
current directory. and if you're not in / you'll most likely won't have a
subdirectory opt/

> I've seen another bug : mplayer isn't able to play alarm sounds. I heard
> only glitches. It the same for mp3 (with mp3 codecs) and for voice notes
> (but not sure if last one as really made good file (0 minutes)). But,
> fortunately, sound of calls is good (even without applying above
> commands).

did you try

mplayer -ao pulse <filetobeplayed>

? should be the default with pulseaudio being default, but would be the
first thing to check for me.