[Gta04-owner] Bluetooth handsfree unit

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Nov 27 17:32:37 CET 2012

On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 04:10:16 PM Benedikt Bär | Relamp.tk wrote:

> Qmplayer should ideally not need any question at all. On all the other
> phones that I have tested, all sounds, including message
> received/ringing/music/alarms/gps speech/3rd party radio apps/J2ME apps,
> etc go through the BT headset automatically once A2DP is connected. Not
> sure why Qmplayer should even be aware of BT at all.
>
> Selecting BT in *each* program would be a pain, can't we just route
> everything with alsa? Pulseaudio at least here on my laptop does that
> well, so maybe this isn't even alsa related.

You can make the bluetooth device default - there was question for it in
QtMoko, but then there were IIRC troubles with ringtone or something like this
- i dont remember the details. Also you have to switch between A2DP and
handsfree profile during call. No doubt that it can be done automatically, but
it would require some coding and a lot of testing...

Maybe the problem now thanks to pulseaudio will be easier, because you can
quite easily connect sounds sources to sound cards with it.

> On all my phones only one "Connect" button is displayed. I can't even
> select services (though I would want that). Probably it's that way to
> avoid user confusion, e.g. a regular user would not know what A2DP even
> is. Also, my phones do connect automatically if I set the device to
> trusted.I have found no such options in QtMoko, so that would also be
> something nice to have.

E.g. my jabra headset automatically connects to QtMoko - so it works the other
way. I am not sure if other BT headsets can do it too, probably not...

Yes we can have also have QtMoko connect to headset. But without patch it will
very likely take some time.

Regards

Radek