[Gta04-owner] Bluetooth handsfree unit

"Benedikt Bär | Relamp.tk" beniwtv at relamp.tk
Tue Nov 27 17:46:57 CET 2012

On 11/27/2012 05:32 PM, Radek Polak wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 04:10:16 PM Benedikt Bär | Relamp.tk wrote:
>
>> Qmplayer should ideally not need any question at all. On all the other
>> phones that I have tested, all sounds, including message
>> received/ringing/music/alarms/gps speech/3rd party radio apps/J2ME apps,
>> etc go through the BT headset automatically once A2DP is connected. Not
>> sure why Qmplayer should even be aware of BT at all.
>>
>> Selecting BT in *each* program would be a pain, can't we just route
>> everything with alsa? Pulseaudio at least here on my laptop does that
>> well, so maybe this isn't even alsa related.
> You can make the bluetooth device default - there was question for it in
> QtMoko, but then there were IIRC troubles with ringtone or something like this
> - i dont remember the details. Also you have to switch between A2DP and
> handsfree profile during call. No doubt that it can be done automatically, but
> it would require some coding and a lot of testing...
>
> Maybe the problem now thanks to pulseaudio will be easier, because you can
> quite easily connect sounds sources to sound cards with it.

There's no switching here between the profiles on the phone itself. The
car kit just uses the headset connection when a call is established, and
switches back to whatever input was before the call (radio, CD, A2DP).
The phone just signals a call (QtMoko does singal the call just fine,
the car kit it switches between two outputs here).

Note: The phones here make 2 connections to the car kit - one for
headset, one for A2DP. You can even connect just one of the two, or
connect two devices to the car kit - one for headset and one for A2DP.

It should be quite straightforward with pulse, at least here on the
version on my laptop it works. I can switch between speakers, BT. Also
ringtones shouldn't be a problem then as the "dialer" app just needs to
use the headset connection for sound output through pulse - (hmm, does
the dialer work through pulseaudio?) - the car kit (or headset) will
automatically switch to the headset input/connection when a call comes in.

Needs some investigation, though, for QtMoko.

>> On all my phones only one "Connect" button is displayed. I can't even
>> select services (though I would want that). Probably it's that way to
>> avoid user confusion, e.g. a regular user would not know what A2DP even
>> is. Also, my phones do connect automatically if I set the device to
>> trusted.I have found no such options in QtMoko, so that would also be
>> something nice to have.
> E.g. my jabra headset automatically connects to QtMoko - so it works the other
> way. I am not sure if other BT headsets can do it too, probably not...
>
> Yes we can have also have QtMoko connect to headset. But without patch it will
> very likely take some time.

It would be useful - because if the device suspends and we receive a
call QtMoko should make a connection, at least to the headset. I'll see
about digging into the code...

Ben