[Gta04-owner] Bluetooth handsfree unit

"Benedikt Bär | Relamp.tk" beniwtv at relamp.tk
Tue Nov 27 16:10:16 CET 2012

On 11/27/2012 04:00 PM, Radek Polak wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 03:20:13 PM Gilles Filippini wrote:
>
>> What sequence leads to this question? I haven't had it asked during
>> my tests.
>> Is it v50 or an older release? In case it's v50, I'll try a fresh
>> install to make sure I didn't mess the config.
> This question is in qmplayer - this is only for A2DP profile - that is the
> high quality audio profile where you listen music. The button for conntecting
> A2DP profile is quite hidden in QtMoko - you have to select "discover
> services" or something like from context menu on your headset in the remote
> devices dialog.

Qmplayer should ideally not need any question at all. On all the other
phones that I have tested, all sounds, including message
received/ringing/music/alarms/gps speech/3rd party radio apps/J2ME apps,
etc go through the BT headset automatically once A2DP is connected. Not
sure why Qmplayer should even be aware of BT at all.

Selecting BT in *each* program would be a pain, can't we just route
everything with alsa? Pulseaudio at least here on my laptop does that
well, so maybe this isn't even alsa related.

> For phone calls handsfree profile is used - that is low quality profile with
> low latencies.
>
> We should fix the bug and correctly display the A2DP button. And we should
> remove the third button which has never been working for me...

On all my phones only one "Connect" button is displayed. I can't even
select services (though I would want that). Probably it's that way to
avoid user confusion, e.g. a regular user would not know what A2DP even
is. Also, my phones do connect automatically if I set the device to
trusted.I have found no such options in QtMoko, so that would also be
something nice to have.

Ben