[Gta04-owner] Bluetooth handsfree unit

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Nov 26 16:13:42 CET 2012

On Monday, November 26, 2012 03:11:23 PM Gilles Filippini wrote:

> I haven't succeeded in setting up my GTA04 to work with a Bluetooth
> handsfree unit. I have two such devices (Jabra BT2035 and Lenco BT25),
> and the result is the same with both of them:
> * pairing does work
> * I can answer and end calls
> * but no sound on either side, whatever sound profile I select during
> the call: bluetooth headset, speaker, earpiece.
> * btw, none of these profiles is selected when the call starts.
> * I can hear an occasional sound artifact from time to time on the
> device, independently of the call context.
>
> The devices work correctly when paired with my eeepc.
>
> Any clue?

If you have Freerunner you could compare what is different, because on FR it
works so most likely there's something different in the HW.

The problem can be in devices's plugins/audiohardware. It should be copy of
GTA02's audiohardware and the bluetooth bits are there in BluetoothAudioState
class.

I'd also check log for "Audio state" category and maybe you need to issue to
"_OPCMPROF=3" to the modem (= bluetooth headset).

Hope this helps a bit...

Radek