[Gta04-owner] bootargs.scr - how does it work?

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Thu Nov 22 17:42:19 CET 2012

On Thursday, November 22, 2012 05:30:38 PM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> Yes, it tmay be possible that u-boot can't read ext4 correctly. I thought
> they are backwards compatible but I don't know for sure.

Yes it seems so [1]. I have added p3 partition formated with ext3 and now it
works (if only i had this idea 6 hours before ;-)

> And it may be a compelling reason to keep gta04-init within QtMoko to boot
> the kernel from ext4.

Yes, or i can use ext3 for QtMoko. I wonder if ext4 is that better to be worth
the troubles...

> Question for further debugging:
>
> did you delete the kernel from partition 1
> in this test? If it exists it should finally be tried.

No i kept it there. But for sure it was the NAND hw validation kernel - QtMoko
does not paint the tux.

Regards

Radek

[1] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/120406