[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v49

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Thu Nov 22 16:39:35 CET 2012

On Thursday, November 22, 2012 04:19:56 PM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> How does this depend on the FAT size? I am not aware of any limitation.

I tried big fat32 and it simply did not work - the bootloader from SD was not
launched. I changed it to small FAT16 and it started working.

> Probably yes and that is why I plead for making distros completely
> independent from partitioning. I.e. the distro must manage different
> partitioning schemes and should not require any :) It may recommend one
> but not for technical reasons but for simplicity.

Yup, but currently QtMoko cant do autodetection, i doubt that SHR and Android
can do it (will they found my mp3 on random partition?).

> This means:
>
> p1 - ext or FAT for e.g. QtMoko, SHR, anything else
> p2 - ext or FAT for e.g. QtMoko, SHR, anything else
> p3 - ext or FAT for e.g. QtMoko, SHR, anything else
> p4 - ext or FAT for e.g. QtMoko, SHR, anything else
>
> If it already is, it is fine and we are doing a shadow discussion...

With Qtmoko it is after manually editing /etc/fstab and Storage.conf.

If you dont want to edit those files use my scheme. If you want different
scheme, edit them - after all it's just two lines...

For me this topic is finished now.

Regards

Radek