[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v49

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Nov 22 16:19:56 CET 2012

Am 22.11.2012 um 16:07 schrieb Radek Polak:

> On Thursday, November 22, 2012 03:51:08 PM Gerhard Rieger wrote:
>
>> I prefer more generally usable setups. I want to exchange the card,
>> especially its media data, with more stupid devices, e.g. my camera.
>> This means:
>>
>> p1 - large FAT for gta04-init etc, and for media
>> p2 - distro 1 e.g. QtMoko
>> p3 - distro 2 e.g. SHR
>
> This is what we are using on GTA02 ;-) See [1][2].
>
> I quite like it except that when the FAT is large then you cant use it to
> flash bootloader...

How does this depend on the FAT size? I am not aware of any limitation.

> Are there any permutations left? ;-)

Probably yes and that is why I plead for making distros completely independent
from partitioning. I.e. the distro must manage different partitioning schemes and
should not require any :) It may recommend one but not for technical reasons
but for simplicity.

This means:

p1 - ext or FAT for e.g. QtMoko, SHR, anything else
p2 - ext or FAT for e.g. QtMoko, SHR, anything else
p3 - ext or FAT for e.g. QtMoko, SHR, anything else
p4 - ext or FAT for e.g. QtMoko, SHR, anything else

If it already is, it is fine and we are doing a shadow discussion...