[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v49

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Tue Nov 20 23:11:24 CET 2012

well, i found so far, that

$HOME/Settings/Network/wireless/wlan0

is (currently) the file to set up:

WIRELESS_MODE='Managed'
WIRELESS_ESSID="MyESSID"
WIRELESS_AP="AP MAC"
WIRELESS_BITRATE='54'
WIRELESS_CHANNEL=''
WIRELESS_PROTO=WPA2 WPA RSN
WIRELESS_AUTH_MODE=WPA-PSK
WIRELESS_PAIRWISE=CCMP
WIRELESS_GROUP=CMMP
WIRELESS_WPA_PSK=MYPSK

and basically, the wpa_supplicant.conf is created correctly -- if i call
(for reasons i don't understand atm when logged in via SSH $HOME is /root
while QtMoko GUID uses /home/root)

(HOME=/home/root/  /bin/sh /opt/qtmoko//bin/lan-network start wlan0)

BUT when starting from GUI my correctly configured wlan0 is overwritten
with kind of a generic one only containing AP MAC and ESSID and the rest
empty WEP settings.
ATM i am scanning and playing around with

/opt/qtmoko//bin/lan-network

but cannot readily figure out where that comes from -- most likely
generated somehow from

$HOME/Settings/Network/wlan0.conf

which despite my best efforts to fix it always is recreated with wrong
contents.