[Gta04-owner] Modem crashing?

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Thu Nov 15 18:09:08 CET 2012

On Thursday, November 15, 2012 05:45:42 PM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> > GPS with:
> > 	AT_OIFACE="GPS",0
>
> Hm. I have no idea about that command. I only know
>
> 	AT_OGPS=0 or 2
>
> > could this also affect somehow the reenumeration? I also wonder if we
> > could
>
> > save some power by disabling gps - and maybe something else from this:
> I don't think so. I did measure the current the module draws and that is
> between 3 and 10mA as specified for GPS off. It should be 50 mA more with
> GPS on.
>
> > AT_OIFACE?
> > DIAG: 1
> > GPS: 0
> > APP1: 1
> > APP2: 0
> > PCSC: 0
> > IP: 1
> > MODEM: 1
> > VOICE: 0
> > SD: 0
> > CD: 0

To me it looks like AT_OIFACE= can turn on and off various interfaces on the
modem. I have tried to off the IP and now i can see in suspend quite low
current (29mA - normally i get 33mA).

Btw i have also found other AT commands

This one looks like some frequency selection?

AT_OPBM?

AT_OPBM?
ANY: 1
EGSM: 1
DCS: 1
PCS: 1
G850: 1
U2100: 1
U1900: 1
U1700: 1
U17IV: 1
U850:  1
U800:  1
U900:  1
U17IX:  1

and there is also this one:

AT_OSEC?
_OSEC: 4

I wonder if we could find some leaked manual or we could find android device
with the same GSM module and enable RIL debug.

Regards

Radek